In order to define the objectives and modalities of collaboration among the CAIE stakeholder organizations, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed on May 30th, 2011 in Vancouver. The MoU was extended in 2016 and it defines the CAIE committees and their respective responsibilities. The CAIE Memorandum is an inclusive tool based on the principles of collaboration and reciprocity.
|Canada 2017||Hélène David, Minister of Higher Education, Quebec, Canada|
|Ecuador 2015||René Ramírez, Secretary of Higher Education, Science and Technology, Ecuador|
|Mexico 2013||Jesús Ancer, President, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (UANL), Mexico|
|Brazil 2012||Marcial Rubio, President, Pontifica Católica – Universidad de Perú (PUCP), Peru|
|Canada 2010||Dr. Vianne Timmons, President, University of Regina, Canada|
The Steering Committee is designated by the associated members of the CAIE and is the entity defining its strategic orientations.
Its members are:
According to current regulations, the advisory committee is expected to:
- Make recommendations regarding the general objectives, guidelines and expected outcomes of CAIE next editions
- Make recommendations as it pertains to CAIE’s main themes, general structure (plenary sessions, workshops, seminars, etc.), general guidelines and call for proposals, funding opportunities, academic authorities and other dignitaries
- Participate in the Committee’s – two or three – virtual meetings (two or three, as deemed necessary).
According to current regulations, the committee is expected to:
- Provide input regarding current trends on international higher education in the Americas
- Make recommendations on CAIE-2019’s main themes and academic program
- Participate in the evaluation of submitted parallel session proposals
- Participate in the Committee’s –two or three- virtual meetings.
Reporting to the Steering Committee, the National Committee is comprised of representatives from institutions and organizations of the Conference host country.
For the 2011-2014 and 2014-2017 periods, the Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (OUI-IOHE) acts as the CAIE Executive Secretariat.
The Executive Secretariat, established in the Université de Montréal, assumes all aspects of the organization of the CAIE, implementing decisions of the Steering Committee and working in close collaboration with the National Committee, Advisory Committee, and Academic Committee.